The village of Plagia is built at the foot of a mountain slope where it gets its name from. It is a vast pasture land which drops steeply in abrupt cliffs. The houses of the small village are scattered over the area and the center is a beautiful village square with a large church, primary school, and a few shops. A little further away is a traditional oil press with the mill for grinding olives. At the square by the church the traditional feast of the village takes place on the 8th of September each year. The parish church of Plagia, "Yenithleon Tis Theotokou," The Birth of the Virgin, was built on the site of an older church in 1953. It is a Byzantine style church with old-icons.