Perdiki is situated in the northern part of Ikaria and belongs to the municipality of Agios Kirikos. It has about 400 inhabitants. Its name originates from the first settler, Perdikis, who is mentioned in a 1681 contract. Perdiki is a large village spread over a plateau. Its beautiful houses are hidden away in forests and surrounded by gullies with crystal clear running waters in the shade of perennial trees. The beautiful square, parish church and the plethora of chapels, primary school, sports ground, traditional loom workshop, lovely cultural center building under construction which will include a library and guest house, and windmills compose a picture of a still thriving Ikarian mountain village. The larger Perdiki area is also of great archaeological interest. North of the village stands the Castle of Lefas. The folklore museum near the square with its rich collection of old traditional utensils and tools provides a pleasant but instructive retrospective of the past.